Tuesday, January 12, 2016

New Schmalfette CP Font from CounterPoint!

Hello fellow font lovers!

I am excited to announce that I am preparing the finishing touches on a new font from CounterPoint hat will be available soon at all my vendors.

Another collaboration with Washington DC based designer Rob King, "Schmalfette CP" is a faithful digital revival of the famous Schmalfette Grotesk, created in 1954 by Swiss type designer Walter Haettenschweiler.



   Although several current typefaces claim to be digital versions of Schmalfette Grotesk, they are actually only based on the design and have different elements and proportions. The new Schmalfette CP from CounterPoint is a pure recreation of the original.

The original face was an all caps font and was most famously used by Twen magazine in the 1950s and 1960s.


   I am currently putting the packages together to submit to my vendors, so the typeface should be available soon. I will be sure to make an announcement here, so please check back!

   I am excited about this as it is a great font and was a lot of fun to bring back to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment